External Anatomy of The Pig
Research an interesting pig fact
Use your hand out and the Internet to answer the following questions.
1. Classification of the Pig
Genus and species_______________________________
Answer these questions in complete sentences unless otherwise indicated.
2. What are the three divisions of the pig body. What significant structures are attached to each?
3. Explain the significance of each of the following structures
http://mail.fkchs.sad27.k12.me.us/fkchs/vpig/ext.htm - Virtual External Anatomy
This allows you to participate rather than dissect
external auditory meatus
4. The feet of the pig relate to the classification of the animal. How are their feet significant?
5. Describe how to sex your fetal pig.
6. Why is the pig classified as a mammal?
7. The pig is a quadruped. How do the forelegs differ from the hindlegs?\
8. What is the purpose of a tail?
9. What is gestation? How are fetal animals different than baby piglets?
10. Draw and label your fetal pig. Label the study diagram also and prepare for a quiz.